Being “safe” can mean different things to different players. Is safe not burning? Is being safe winning on points during a kill event? Only you can decide what your meaning of safe is for your account. One of the main concerns that we see within the game is a desire for knowledge that when you log back in after being offline that you will not log in to a zeroed account with no Commander.
For this article, we will be taking a closer look at the Cyber Dimension. However, if you play Mech be sure to check out our Mech Side Article:
There are varying stages in the game and various ways to feel safe at those different stages. In this guide we will cover some of those stages however, we will also discuss different aspects of your build and what here you will need to address in order to ensure your safety.
However, through all of this keep in mind that the game is constantly changing. Your account build should constantly be changing as well. We do have some basic tips on how to protect yourself to kick all of this off.
How do you ensure you are Safe?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Protect Your Investment – Do not be afraid of using a shield! Shields in the Cybernetic dimension are purchased with loyalty, and other alliance members would probably be more than happy to gift you shields to make sure that you are safe. At the very least, you can use the Auto Barrier which shields you if you are hit and you burn.
- Be Involved in the Community – Join Line rooms and in-game chat rooms. These are the places where you learn the most about the game. Also, if you’re not in the game and you are being attacked, an alliance member can alert you to log in.
- Know Your Account – Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do and what you need. When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario. Make sure you understand your strengths and weaknesses and find ways to play to your strengths while overcoming the weaknesses.
- There is No Such Thing as a Dumb Question – Do not worry about asking questions. It’s better to ask questions now than to burn to the ground later. Don’t waste your time and money invested into the account! That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other. Take advantage of the Line rooms I mentioned earlier. Mobile Strike HQ has an amazing room, and if you want to join, add me on Line! My ID is thatcinder. Send me a pm and I will gladly add you to our Cyber Mobile Strike Line room.
- Small Things Make a Big Difference – Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From insignia to mods to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
In The Beginning
At the beginning of gameplay is often when players most worry about safety in Mobile Strike. When you are first building up and have more advanced players trying to hit you and snag your Commander it can be difficult.
Many times players who are not able to spend as much and build up quickly can become discouraged. However, there are ways that you are able to ensure your safety in the beginning so that you do not feel like you are fighting an uphill battle. I know that not many in the Cybernetic dimension are starting from nothing, but just in case you are, here are a few things that should help.
- The Dreaded Shield– Shields are difficult when you first start playing. In order to obtain a shield, you have to buy a pack or have enough loyalty. While you can start accruing and using loyalty once you have an alliance the build-up can be slow and many times new players do not want to spend the precious little bit of loyalty they have on a shield. However, shielding is one option to maintain safety and the most obvious one.
- Do NOT build Troops- this seems counterintuitive, right? However, let’s really walk through this. If you do not have troops you cannot lose troops. The only reason left to hit you is to take your Commander. However, we will address ways to handle this as well. You can build troops in the beginning but it is unlikely you will have the ability to protect them, so it is better to not build them until you are ready. If you farm resources, only build troops for your allotted march size. This way you can protect them easier in a ghost rally.
- Only open the Resources you Need- You do not want to get farmed and opening resources in excess is one way to find yourself getting farmed.
- Level your Stronghold Slowly- As you level up, complete research that is opening up. Recall that once you level past SH 14 your Commander is able to be captured. Take advantage of the time where you do not have to worry about your Commander being captured and get as much research done as possible.
- Never Underestimate the Ghost Rally- If you do keep your Commander at home, do not underestimate the ghost rally. Tossing your Commander and troops in an eight-hour ghost rally will essentially get them out of your Stronghold so that you do not have to worry about someone killing all your troops or taking your Commander.
- When All Else Fails- If by chance someone does end up getting your Commander, it’s not the end of the world like it could be on the Mech side. The Cyber side is fortunate enough to have an abundance of Instant Eliminations and ONE SECOND Cyanide Pills! (Eat your heart out Mech realm) If your Commander is captured, I am sure a nice mail asking for him back would suffice.
So we have discussed some essential safety tips for all players and Newbie players. Now let’s dive into the things that you really need to look at when you are working on your build so that you can actually defend against hits. Please keep in mind that this is not a guide for traps but these are also things that traps will need to look at.
Gear is an essential part of gameplay. You cannot underestimate the value that Gear brings to an account. Gear offers you the ability to really be able to customize your stats. You can use your gear to increase the stats you need by mixing and matching. There are important things to note about gear when you are choosing it.
- Pay close attention to the level of the gear and the materials you need to upgrade each piece. Currently, the Elite gear relies on the luck of chest to get the materials needed to upgrade the pieces.
- Even if you are not wearing your gear, having the Nuclear Forge and utilizing the set bonuses from that will always help.
Do not forget your Mods and Augments and Enhancements! These things can really add up.
Currently, there are seven Commanders to choose from for the Cybernetic Dimension. Each Commander has its own focus in the Commander skills, but you can best choose by looking at the overall stats in each Commander. These are the Cybernetic Defense, Cybernetic Attack, and Cybernetic Health stats. One quick glance at the max amount of those three stats will tell you which Commander would be the best to help your account stay safe. Currently, the new Launcher Commander has the best overall stats and you are able to unlock them very early at level 67!
Launcher Commander STATS:
- Cybernetic Attack = 24,000
- Cybernetic Defense = 21,000
- Cybernetic Health = 18,000
VIP is another area where you can obtain stats to become “safe.” Your level of VIP will depend entirely on your style of game and your wallet. If you are aiming to just be safe, then you will want the highest VIP that you can get, because as the VIP levels rise, so does the stats attributed to each level.
Other Features to Add to Your Safety
There are tons of little things that can add up to big things in your account, especially in the Cybernetic realm. When you go through each of these areas, you would be surprised at just how big of a part they are to your overall stats.
- Development Center
- Special Buildings
- Gear Enhancements
First, using T4 as a meat shield is no longer suggested. The amounts that you would need to build would be very costly and would increase your power exponentially. The cost of building the T4 needed to not burn could be put to use in other areas.
T5 is the most efficient tier to use for building your meat shield. Many players are also choosing to go all T6 troops to keep power low. With each tier you move up, you will require only a portion of the amount you had before. But as you move up in tier, it will require a higher resource cost. So if you decide to drop T5 and go for the T6 as a meatshield, just make sure you have enough T6 before dismissing all of those T5.
You also want to make sure that you do not have troops below your lowest tier of traps. If you have T6 traps, make sure you have no T5 troops in front. Same goes for Titans too. Having lower-tier troops and titans will be a huge blow to the safety of your account.
I would also recommend that your troops be evenly spread, so there isn’t a weakness in any type. As far as traps and Titans go, you can play around with those numbers a bit, but I wouldn’t go any less than 2:1 Traps to Titans.
For the actual troop, trap, and Titan count… I will leave that to you to decide! We can’t take all your fun away when building an account, can we?!
Burn and Learn
This is one of my favorite sayings. Basically, it means that the only way you can learn more about your base, and your safety, is by dropping your shield and taking some hits. With each hit, you take you will gain more confidence and more understanding. Burning can actually give you more of an opportunity to learn about your account. So, find a lead, take a breath, and take a rally!
Join the Fun
Come share your best tips to staying safe in the Cybernetic dimension with the community! Join us on Line, Discord, and Facebook!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite
Discord: Just click here