Safety can mean a lot of different things in Mobile Strike. Whether it means that you will not get burned, not get zeroed, not lose your Commander, or more. One of the main concerns that we see within the game is a desire for knowledge that when you log back in after being offline that you will not log in to a zeroed account with no Commander.
There are varying stages in the game and various ways to feel safe at those different stages. We will cover some of those stages however, we will also discuss different aspects of your build and what here you will need to address in order to ensure your safety. This Guide will serve as your Ultimate Quick Defense Guide for the Mech Dimension which includes tips on how to stay safe. However, through all of this keep in mind that the game is constantly changing. Your account build should constantly be changing as well. We do have some basic tips on how to protect yourself to kick all of this off.
How Do You Ensure You Are Safe?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Shield if you are unsure – Shields in the Mech Dimension tend to be expensive when it comes to loyalty. However, you can quickly get loyalty through current Covert Challenges, Training Infernos, other challenges, and the Black Market. For those accounts that are more “caught up,” the Catch-Up Black Market is the prime place to purchase loyalty for your account. Also, be sure to do the math, it is more efficient to buy shorter shields and log on more often than to pop a 3 day and do not even think about 30 days.
- Be Aware – When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affects the current scenario.
- This happens on a weekly basis so do not get caught unaware. Watch blogs and rooms. We have also recently started a Monthly Recap, in these guides you can look back at the most recent releases in the Mech Dimension.
- Educate Yourself – Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do, and what you need.
- There are multiple places on Line and in-game where you can ask questions and get answers and tons of articles here that define and discuss stats.
- Ask Questions – People get worried that if they ask questions they appear stupid. Here’s the thing, you look dumber if you do not ask! If something confuses you, it’s better to ask before you lose all your troops and waste a lot of money! Even I do not always know everything (probably, maybe/I will deny that I said that because of course I know everything). That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other.
- To be honest you look more stupid if you do not ask and become the person that everyone wonders how in the world they burned.
- Keep An Eye on the Little Things – Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From Insignia to Mods to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
- We will cover those things here today too!
Quick Defense Guide
So we have discussed some essential safety tips for all players. Now let’s dive into the things that you really need to look at when you are working on your build so that you can actually defend against hits. Please keep in mind that this is not a guide for traps but these are also things that traps will need to look at.
Knowing what stats to prioritize as a defender is just as important as knowing what things to use. By knowing the stats you need and how they work you can build your defense with just that knowledge and knowledge of where to find those stats. Stats for defenders in the Mech Dimension have continued to evolve.
The only stat we are not seeing get debuffed to some degree are Base Defender stats. This has caused recommendations to change around how you build your stats. Currently, your priority list should be:
- Base Defender stats including Attack, Health, and Defense
- Type Stats for Infantry, Tactical, and AV troops
- Debuffs- Including type debuffs
- Troop Stats- Troop Attack, Troop Health, Troop Defense
Gear is big in the Mech Dimension and recently we have seen newer Defense gear sets being even more powerful than older sets.
Top Defense Gear
The Current Top Defense gear for defenders is the Ghost Revenant Gear Set. This Gear set should be manufactured as you are able to do so, however, if you are still working towards obtaining this gear you can continue to wear a generation older gear. Make sure you check out this table that compares the stats on the most recent Defense gear to our older defense gear.
There are tons of different types of mods available in the Mech Dimension. We have mods for every type of player. One of the newest mod sets is my top recommendation for defenders currently, the Elite Mod Set.
While the newer Prime Aggression Mod Set has uses for defenders, the Elite Mod Set is still better when it comes to overall stats. However, if you get some newer mods you can test by mixing them in on different pieces of your gear. However, I would not recommend completely forsaking the Elite Mod Set.
This Mod Set echoes the same stats we saw in our Operator’s Mod Set and is a great one to work on switching in as you are able to obtain it. Check out the comparison below of the two Mod sets.
Assault Vehicles in the Mech Dimension help with your defense when you put them in your wall. There are a total of five slots on your Assault Vehicle wall you can unlock and a variety of Assault Vehicles that you are able to use in order to unlock the slots on your walls you need Unlock items and some of the unlocks do require a certain level of Assault Vehicle Hangar. However, the Assault Vehicle Hangar is a great building to level up for some nice hidden stats as well.
Recently we have seen many of our Assault vehicles obtaining new levels. When it comes to choosing what Assault Vehicles to equip to your wall you want to consider which of your vehicles have the highest stats and fall into our stat prioritizations
Currently, we have four Mechs in the Mech Dimension. Each of these Mechs can be unlocked and used concurrently for defense. Unlike at the beginning of the Mech Dimension where our Mechs felt more like a liability than anything else our Mechs are actually quite useful now. However, there are a few things you need to know including where to focus your skill points.
The OG Mech has recently received some upgrades. This Mech is rocking new levels up to 250 with new skills that make it a powerful beast. You definitely want to be leveling up this Mech for your defensive game.
Be sure to read our article that explores this Mech more in-depth: Understanding Your Legacy Mech
Inferno, Hydro, and Terra Mech
We list these Mechs together because they are very similar with some slight changes in their focus. Each of these Mechs becomes useful for defense even at level 1 so be sure to unlock them and begin using them. When you go to skill these Mechs your biggest focus for defense should be Type Stats.
These Mechs now max at level 200 and having all your mechs skilled correctly and defending is going to be essential to your success. This is a feature that you should level up as you are able to do so.
There have been some essential changes to our Commanders that are important to note. Currently, there are three commanders I would recommend for our defenders.
- Commander One- This Commander has great type stats that can be very helpful to defenders.
- Commander Three- Commander Three focuses on our Base Defender Stats and these are important to be aware of when defending your Base.
- Commander Four- Commander Four is new and has some great stats for defenders. Preliminary testing shows a lot of value in this commander.
Your Commander Choice will be in part dependent on what commanders you have unlocked and leveled and your own personal build.
VIP currently maxes at level 210. Recently some great Base Defender Stats have been added in so this will also help to strengthen you as a defender and is something you should be leveling up as you are able to do so. Some of the other benefits you get from VIP are great as well and they are not even part of defending!
We have a list of the current best Insignias for defense available for you!
When it comes to choosing Insignia beyond these we recommend being on the lookout for these type Insignia.
In addition, do not forget about our special insignia. While it can be only active for a short time it does help boost that base defender attack in the circumstance you need it. Just use it wisely!
Serums are constantly being updated. Some Test Tubes to be on the lookout for include:
- The Recipe Blend Test Tube– Remember that many Serum test tubes and ingredients are going to be limited time. This is the newest Test Tube released in March and has Base Defender stats.
When it comes to crafting your Serum you are going to pick your best vial and your best ingredients that complement that vial to put together.
Example Defensive Serum
This serum is only an example and not the latest Serum test tubes and ingredients released.
Limited Time Vial with Base Defender Stats
- Lucky Small Shroom- 400% Base Defender Attack
- Lucky Dawn Crystal- 400% Base Defender Defense
- Lucky Sea Shell- 400% Base Defender Health
- Rot Veggie- 250% Combat Shielding
** This Serum is crafted for someone with four ingredient slots open. However, if you have more slots than this you can also add in some Frost Ingredients for extra Base Defender Stats. Please note that this example uses some older items but the concept remains the same.
The Development Center has an abundance of boosts you will want and need as a defender. Make sure that you are unlocking boosts that have either Base Defender or Type Stats. With the Development Center being more organized it has made it even easier to find the stats you are looking for.
So you’ve got your build done. Now you’re ready to drop that shield and test. This test is a method with an abundance of caution. If you are truly concerned about burning badly then start with a lead that does not fall into the unicorn category of leads.
Steps to Testing
- Find a trusted and strong rally leader. Ask for a test. Send them your cords and go to step 2.
- Have your friend attack you solo without Commander first. If you burn, stop, and adjust. Otherwise to go step 3.
- Next solo with a Hero. Burn, stop, else go to step 4. If you cap then it’s time for a rally perhaps.
- Rally time. The difference in troop size between solo and rally is huge now. So, it may be wise to take a half-full rally first. Then a full one. Go to step 5.
- You’ve survived every step to this point. It’s time to get out there and start mixing it up. You’ve shown you can take a solo, a rally, so go out there and stomp enemies.
Mobile Strike is forever changing! With new gear and stats coming out there is always a need to adjust, always test and be sure to shield if you’re offline!
We have tons of articles to help you with your in-game strategy! Looking for something a little more trap-focused than defense-focused and to help you really learn how to build your stats? Check out some of these articles.
How to Build your Stats
These articles really focus on how stats work for defenders and traps and where to find those stats for a more in-depth look at defending in the Mech Dimension.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our MSHQ Team as the Mech Dimension continues to evolve.
In addition, be sure to join our community on the Line App for more on-the-go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Mobile Strike HQ room (please specify Mech, Cyber, or both)