Control Point Battles in the Cybernetic Realm
Playing Control Points against the best players that the Cyber realm has to offer can be quite overwhelming at times, or maybe all the time. Control Point features can potentially have two different “best” setups, one for Control Point attacking and one for Control Point holding. Hopefully, the Control Point Quick Guide will give you a jump start on your way to becoming king! Therefore, let’s get started!
Best Control Point Gear
The Control Point is a place where the best of the best, and the most upgraded/maxed players go head to head. This is not a place for subpar gear. Therefore, only the highest leveled Elite Obsidian gear will be seen on Commanders fighting for the Control Point.
But remember, in the not so distant past, defense feet and defense accessories have outperformed Control Point feet and accessories. This can be due in part to a larger percentage of a supporting stat outperforming a smaller percentage of a front running stat. Keep in mind that this does not always hold true and you will always need to test your gear and set up.
- Rally Control Point: Elite Demolisher Ruiners Gear
- Rally Holding; Elite Demolisher Calamity Gear
- Rally Control Point: Elite Devastator Ravager Gear
- Control Point Holding: Elite Devastator Havoc Gear
Best Augments for Control Point
You won’t have to choose a different rune set to attack and hold. The rune sets split attack, health, and attack debuff evenly between Control Point holding and Control Point rallying. Plus, the Augments are a clear cut choice between defense, attack, and Control Point.
- Vulpes SMG
- Adderstrike Augments
- Subsolarsalvo Augments
Mods for Control Point
Mods for the Control Point can also be a bit tedious. However, if you are building a Control Point account, and you are buying packs like a Control Point account, you will have plenty of mats for a second set of gear. Therefore, you want to set up a Control Point holding preset and a Control Point rally preset. Then, gem accordingly. Mods are a great place to make up for your shortcomings in other areas. For example, if your inside buildings give you more attack, then stack up on health in your Mods.
Best Control Point Mods
- Usurper Mod Set
- Takeover Mod Set
- Triumph Mods
- Officer Mods
Control Point Insignia
We listed quite a few options because a lot of the Insignia comes from rewards streak, and there may be some that were missed if you didn’t complete a certain streak. But as we all know, Control Point players are the top of the top. Not to mention that Control Point accounts are all maxed, or within 1-2%, and it comes down to the littlest of features like who has better Insignia, Mods, Gear, etc.
- Lightning Strike
- Land Mine
- One’s Cybernetic Organized Force Insignia
- One’s Cybernetic Militant Insignia
- Cybernetic Marksmanship Insignia
- Dualist Insignia
- Vindicator Insignia
- Cybernetic Barrage Assault Insignia
Special Insignias can be used for extra boost when attacking or holding but pay attention to timer and cool down period
- Prototype Bombardment 250k AD
- Prototype Sniper- 250k DD and 190k HD
- Prototype Jet Special 200k Attack
- Prototype Armor Special- 250k Defense
Control Point Assault Vehicles
AVs are based on the highest attack and health first, or in this instance, Control Point rally attack and Control Point rally health. The recent feature change at AV Hangar level 1215 allows you to add two additional vehicles to help hold. So remember, after that initial hit and take, the lead needs to be the very first person to reinforce the Control Point with the additional two vehicles. Or, have another designated player, who also has maxed AVs, to be the first to rein.
Best Control Point Assault Vehicles
- Cyber Banshee 02
- Cyber Stealth Bomber
- Cybernetic Predator
- Cybernetic STR-1KR
Remember, the Predator and STR-1KR are the two that will rein the Control Point as soon as your alliance takes the Control Point.
Best Serums for Control Point
Now, you could choose to make two separate serums, one for holding and one for attacking, but then you would have to make multiples of each recipe and waste a lot of materials. Each time you needed to switch from a Control Point holding serum to a Control Point attacking serum, the old serum would be completely discarded. Even though the timer shows days, the instant you switch, the serum is thrown away. Because of this, we choose to make an overall serum that focuses on maxing attack and health..
Control Point Serum Recipe
- VIAL: Triumphant Control Point Flask
- Vermilion Seapod 55k attack
- Vermilion Crystal 65k Type Attack
- Amethyst Mushroom Cap 50k Health
- Amethyst Insect Wing 60k Type Health
- Amethyst Gemstone 55k CP Rally/Holding Health
- Amethyst Seal 55k CP Rally/Holding Attack
The way you set up your buildings will have a huge effect on your Control Point game. It may not seem like a lot when you look at the stats of one building, but when you combine them together, it really adds up!
- Rural Buildings – Iron Mines currently give you attack versus a battlemark target. This is great for an account that rallies other cities, but not so great for Control Points. Farms add Flammable Toxins attack. Quarries give additional Contaminated Sludge attack. Consequently, the Oil Wells add Sizzling Oil attack. Since these are all type attacks, you want to have equal amounts to give an equal additional attack to each type of troop.
- Urban Buildings – Banks are tricky because not all levels give additional troop attack, so make sure you pay attention to that. Training Grounds offer Troop Health, and Hospitals offer Troop Defense. You will more than likely end up changing the number of Banks, Training Grounds, and hospitals multiple times. Some players will go all Banks for attack, all Training Grounds for health, or even a customized mix.
- Auxiliary Buildings – First and foremost, make sure you are activating the boost in the Development Center. The Development Center is super important! Next, make sure you are leveling the Auxiliary buildings in order of stat priority for Control Point accounts. You don’t want to waste upgrade mats on a building that only gives base defending stats. Also, don’t forget to activate the bullets in your arsenal! For more information on the special buildings, you can check out the Cyber Special Building Guide.
- Consumable Boost – When you are going for the Control Point, you want to make sure you have enough boost to last. There are six that you should be using at all times. (Cybernetic) Attack, Defense, Control Point Holding Attack, Control Point Holding Health, Rally Attack, Rally Health. I know boost can seem scarce at times, but even the smallest amounts add up.
- Lifetime Stacking Boost – These are the boost that you receive in packs. Once you purchase the pack, the boost is active and remains active forever and ever. Again, this is an instant where you can purchase more, and stack those boosts to make a greater amount!
Commanders take a lot of testing. In some cases, a newer Commander at 100 can easily beat an older Commander level 150. In other words, you definitely want to make sure that you are comparing stats of each Commander no matter what the level. Make sure you know each Commander’s strengths and weaknesses. Consequently, you will be able to easily judge your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses based on the Commander he/she may be used as well.
Last But Not Least
The Control Point is the most intricate part of Mobile Strike, by far. This Control Point quick guide is just a basis, or a starting point, for anyone who wants to start trying Control Point battles. However, you will need to make sure that you go over your account with a fine-tooth comb. Check your Development Center, make sure avatars are open and active, get your gear leveled, focus on your buildings. Control Points are for players that know their accounts inside and out. Test setups. Afterward, get in there and hit someone! Then, look at your report, see what you need to adjust, and then hit again. There is so much that you can customize inside your account! This Control Point Quick Guide is only made to be a starting point. Lastly, have fun with it!
Where to Look Next
We have an Awesome article that will walk you through the Control Point. It gives an overview and explanation to the CP for any base that is interested in learning more!
The most important part of Control Point battles is your Commander. So, get the scoop about the skills, and skill priorities, for the Control Point in our Cyber Commander Guide.
Research is the foundation of all great accounts! To make sure that you have your research covered, make sure you check out the Cyber research Guide.
Finally, if you are having trouble finding those places to gain extra stats, take a look at our article on How to find stats. In the end, we have a handy checklist for all players to go through.
Come Share Your Best Control Point Quick Guide Tips
Mobile Strike HQ has Line rooms, a Facebook page, a Discord Channel! Do not be the only one that is not a part of the MSHQ community! Add me on Line, ID is slapmesilly, or check out our social media page to connect with other MS players and get the best tips on how to play!