“If we knew what we were doing, we wouldn’t call it ‘research.’” ~Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein, one of the greatest minds there has ever been, understood the importance of research. In Mobile Strike, research is a fundamental tool for success. Many times, the research that is offered has the most significant stats we can find in the game and is necessary for both leads and traps.
Today we are going to take a closer look at Research. We will cover some of the tricks and tips you need to know to save time and money. We will also take a closer look at cost vs. benefit, research strategy for traps, old research, and how to prioritize what research you need to complete.
However, this is just Part 1. In the next article, we will take a closer look at all of the Researches that are currently available in the Cybernetic Dimension and how they support you as a player. Let’s get started with those Tricks and Tips though to kick it off.
Mobile Strike Headquarters Research Tricks and Tips
Because research costs RSS and Speeds, it can be very time consuming to complete. Here at MSHQ, we want to help you save time and resources. Here are our tips and tricks to help you be your best at research.
Start Next Research
Start Next Research is a feature that is available with VIP levels. This allows you to automatically go to the next research that is available to complete without having to scroll down the research tree to get there. This is a huge time saver.
Always make sure when researching that you have whatever tokens are offered to reduce costs. Not only will this save you time, but it will also allow you to complete more.
The Development Center is another feature that will help with saving on Research. There are tons of Economy Boosts in there to help you be able to reduce research costs.
Don’t forget to equip your Research Gear for a huge speed reduction, and toss Research Mods in too. This is a gear set where the Mimic Mod can be a huge help as well.
Knowing which Commander to use when you are researching is also essential. Different Commander’s offer different stats to help reduce your Research Costs. Check out our Commander Guide for the Cyber Dimension for more information on which Commander to use for which Research.
Research requires speeds. These Cybernetic Speeds can go quickly, so be sure that before you click away, you ask your alliance to hit the help button.
What about Old Research?
Occasionally we see players returning to the game or starting anew. More often than not this is an issue for players who are returning after a long absence though. While Cybernetic stats made any stats from prior to the release of cyber irrelevant, there are pieces of Pre Cyber Research that still need to be attended to and not forgotten.
When looking at Pre Cyber Research it can be difficult if you do not have the files or the items to complete it. However, make sure you keep an eye on packs as you are first starting to buy. Many times these packs will have the items you need to get your Base to the very start of Cyber and then you can build up for Cyber from there.
Some of the Research that is essential to have from Pre Cyber days includes Augments and Commander. Since there are still Rebel Targets out there that need hit, Commander Research is necessary. In addition, you cannot place Augments in your gear without having completed the old Augment Research. Making this another essential research.
These are the types of things that you need to look at when diving into older Research. What needs completing so that I can be successful in today’s game? Once you know that you know where to start when sifting through the older stuff.
Research Strategy for Traps
Research strategy for traps has changed a lot over the years.
In the early days of the game, research was recommended to be low. The more research you had, the higher your power, and players did not want to hit you. As the game evolved, the strategy quickly changed into maxing all research. Not only was it necessary for safety, but the power from research was also low enough that people would not notice a trap with maxed research. The power from other components of the game far exceeded the research power.
Now that it seems we are back to the early days, we have to begin to think about our research again. There are different questions we will need to ask ourselves when building a trap and decisions that will need to be made.
- Do I want to be high research or low research trap?
- There are advantages and disadvantages to either option. High research means more power, but fewer troops. Low research means high troops and low research power. High research traps tend to cost more to make and maintain, even though you have stellar stats, and often are able to stay smaller than the typical low research trap.
- Is the power from research worth the benefits and cost?
- What strategy will work best for me, my budget, and my style of trapping?
- Where else can I get stats that I may lose by being a low research trap?
All of these are very important questions to consider when deciding on whether or not you want to be a high or low research trap. There is no right or wrong answer and it comes down to what works best for you. However, one of the most important questions we see is, “Is the power from research worth the benefits and cost?” There are times where the benefits of the research are so high that it is necessary and worth doing. Even when this happens, be sure to stay within your budget as you purchase the necessary items.
Prioritizing your Research
With so much new research we must complete, you might wonder where to begin. Prioritizing your research is very important, due to the fact that it is not cheap, and you do not want to waste time and resources doing research that you may not yet need. Your current goal with research should not be to max it out, but to unlock and open what you need in order to be successful. Your priorities will depend on your style of play. However, there are a few research trees that should be prioritized first.
- Economics Research –To achieve certain levels of research, you will need your Research Facility leveled correctly. Not only will Economics Research give you the construction boosts you need, but RSS production increases will also help you continue to research.
- Combat and Defense Research – You can’t play without troops, mythics, and traps. While T1 is unlocked from the beginning of Cybernetics, you will need to open the higher level tiers with research. Whether you are a lead or trap or filler, you should prioritize these research trees first to at least open T2 Cybernetic Troops.
- Once you have done basic troop research and economic research, your research prioritization will depend on your style of play.
- Defense Players – Defense players will want to focus on trees with the most defense, attack, and health. These stats are all crucial to the defense of your base.
- Attack Players – While attack players will also want to look at those stats, Overlimit, Debuffs, and unlocking higher tiers of troops are big things that you will want to focus in on.
- Control Point Players- This style of player will need to focus on a ton of different stats. This is a player that will want to stay as near max on research as possible as every advantage you can get at CP counts.
Costs Vs. Benefits
Obviously, in order to unshield and play the game, we must complete basic research. However, because this research requires resources which ultimately require packs, it can be very expensive. Research does give some good benefits, and there are basic levels you need. However, to max research, you will spend a lot of time and money.
For example, Overlimit Research can be quickly completed with research gear equipped; however, when it was first released you would go through about a pack’s worth of RSS to get part way through level 7, and it only gives you a 9% increase in stats; at level 6, that number drops to 6%. The big boosts do not come until levels 8 to 10.
Right now, we recommend unlocking what you absolutely need and then working to complete research at a pace that is financially smart for you. As always, don’t forget you can get cheaper packs using Amazon Coins. Check out this link for more information.
What are your favorite tips and tricks when it comes to Research? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to join our Line and Discord for on the go tips.
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite
Discord: Just click here