With the abundance of different presets in the Mech Dimension it can be nice to have guides that break all of them down. Previously we have taken a closer look at skills presets for your Commander including skill and gear presets. Today we are going to take a closer look at Deployment Presets and how they help you as a player whether you be a defender, filler, or attacker.
The History of Deployment Presets in the Mech Dimension
Deployment Presets were first released in the Mech War Dimension in conjunction with Mechanized Combat Research. In order to unlock these presets, you had to complete this research. As time has passed more and more features have been added to your Mech Deployment Presets and it is now influenced by more than just research.
Factors that Influence your Mech Dimension Deployment Presets
Currently, there are two factors that influence your Deployment Presets. These two factors are:
As mentioned above the Mechanized Combat Research is what you will be looking at when you look to open your Deployment Presets. This Research can be found inside your Research Facility in the Mechanized Combat Tab. Currently, you can have a total of 10 Deployment Presets. To max this level you must complete the “March Preset” Node of this research all the way to level 10.
The second factor that affects your Deployment Presets VIP allows you to add the “extras.” By extras, we are looking at your Mech and your Assault Vehicles. There are two different VIP levels we are looking at here:
- VIP Level 117- This level will unlock your “Mech Combat Preset.” This initially brought a lot of confusion with players believing this would unlock Mech Skills Presets, however, that feature is not available until VIP 140+. The Mech Combat Preset simply allows you to add your Mech into your Deployment Presets.
- VIP Level 124- This level will unlock your “Assault Vehicle Combat Preset” this allows you to add your Assault Vehicles to your Deployment Presets so you do not have to choose which ones you want to use every time.
The Benefits of Deployment Presets
Deployment Presets seem great right? However, for some players who are not attackers they can often feel like just an extra feature that you do not really need. So I also want to spend some time talking about the benefits of Deployment Presets for each type of player. We are also going to spend some time talking about the benefits of Deployment Presets for your Alliance as a whole.
Deployment Presets for Attackers and Control Point Players
For our Attackers Deployment Preset usefulness is going to be more obvious. Whether you are playing Control Point or Attacking another base Deployment Presets are going to give you the ability to be able to strike quickly which at times is very important. Having Deployment Presets set up will cut time off the process of sending your Deployment.
Deployment Presets for Fillers and Trap Players
When it comes to filling rallies it can be difficult at times. If your whole alliance is fighting to get troops in the rally then being able to quickly send your deployment is going to be beneficial. By having Presets of deployments you know that your leads use then you will be able to quickly fill rallies.
For traps, if you are fillers as well, see above. However, if you do not fill rallies you can still use presets. I tend to set mine up for the troops I prefer to use when farming or Artillery Deployments for when we have Days of War.
Deployment Presets for your Alliance
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean Deployment Presets for the alliance? This sounds like a lot of work Cin… Well if you have ever been part of an alliance where rallies are constantly being reset because people are not filling correctly then setting up alliance presets is less work and results in less arguing.
By setting alliance presets it simplifies the process of filling because it allows your Lead to call out a preset number and then all of your players automatically know what to do. Instead of trying to check the leads Deployment or trying to get it right they just need to push the number of the preset.
How Do We Set Up Alliance Deployment Presets?
In order to set up these presets, you will need to work with your main leads. They will need to let you know what the Deployment Presets should include. This will consist of their most commonly used deployments. Different presets you may see are:
- Mixed T6
- Infantry T6
- Tactical T6
- Armored Vehicle T6
When preparing your alliance for these presets there will need to be a high level of communication. Players will need to know the following:
- What Preset number to use for the various Deployments
- What Troops to use including Type and whether it should be Regular, Advanced, or Mercenary and the percentage players should input
- If any mechs should be associated with that preset
- Any titans that should be associated with that preset
All of this needs to be done while working closely with your leads. Ultimately they will be the ones calling out the preset to use so it is important that they know which are which. So they can simply call out Preset 1 instead of listing what they need. Further communication will be needed however when discussing Titans and Mechs due to there being more strategy over what Mechs to send and the number of Titans sent.
Set Up your Deployment Presets
Now that we have discussed the history, the factors, and the benefits we are going to dive into the use of Deployment Presets. In order to use Deployment Presets, you must know how to set them up.
First Things First
You cannot set up your Deployment Presets if you do not know where to find your Presets. When accessing your Deployment Presets you will go to your Training Grounds. Here you will see two tabs:
- Deployment Presets
Click on your Deployment Preset Tab and you are ready to start setting these presets up.
Set it Up
We are going to go over a step by step list of how to set up your Deployment Presets.
- Go to your Deployment Presets Screen
- Choose the Slot you want to set up if the spot already has a preset that you are updating be sure to hit reset before you start.
- Choose whether or not you want your Commander sent with this Deployment. If so click the checkbox.
- Choose what Mech you want to be associated with this preset. While you can pick multiple only one mech will be sent when you send your Deployment so it is better to only pick one.
- Choose your Troops, this is done on a percentage basis to allow you to divide up your troops how you want. You will choose your Titans here as well.
- Click your Assault Vehicle tab and choose the Assault Vehicles you want to be associated with the preset.
- Name your Preset, this will replace the text “Slot 2” with the name of your choosing.
- Click save, While saving a preset for the first time is free when you update it there is a cost of 1,000 Gold.
Use Your Deployment Preset
We have walked through a lot of information about Deployment Presets. So now we get to the fun part! Whether you are occupying a tile, marching on a base or the Control Point, or filling a rally when you go to your Deployment Screen you will see this:
The list of numbers seen is your presets. Any preset with an X through it indicates that you do not have enough troops of that type to be able to use that preset. To use your preset do the following:
- Choose the number preset
- Ensure there are no final adjustments you want to make (maybe you do not want to send your commander or mech this time) and just make that change quickly from the Deployment screen.
- Deal with any pop-ups you may have (if these pop-ups are too pesky most of them can be turned off in settings)
- Hit Deployment and you are on your way!
There are a ton of articles you can find on our site to help you with your set up. We want to make sure that you get the knowledge you need when it comes to Mobile Strike! Check out some of these past articles we have released!
Are you looking for even more information about different presets? We spent some time talking about Commander Presets in the Mech Dimension recently! Do not miss out on this essential information.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our MSHQ Team as the Mech Dimension continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
In addition, be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Mobile Strike HQ room (please specify Mech, Cyber, or both)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here