Probably one of the biggest challenges we encounter in-game is not only building but maintaining an active alliance. As with most mobile games, we will often see a lot of influx when it comes to activity levels and players who begin playing and then decide it is not for them and leave the game. So when it comes to building and maintaining an active alliance how do you do it? One of the last things you want to see is a full alliance where over half of the membership has not logged in, in over a week.
The Benefits of an Active Alliance
However, before we dive into how to maintain an active alliance we should talk about the benefits of an active alliance. By understanding the benefits of an active alliance we will understand the importance of focusing on building and maintaining that alliance.
- Alliance Helps are wonderful things. Alliance Helps allow us to save a ton of speeds and by having an active alliance you are not only going to get those helps more quickly but you will be able to get all the helps that are available to you.
- All the presents!! When your alliance members buy things you get gifts and gifts are all kinds of awesome.
- Rewards- The more people you have in your alliance the easier it will be to earn alliance rewards in things like SvS.
- Strength- Strength is in numbers and we need people to fill rallies and when the rallies come our way to offer reinforcement.
- All the feels- Let’s face it we spend a ton of time in our alliances and often our alliances become a part of our family. An active alliance that is supporting each other and playing together is more likely to build that family feel.
Five Mobile Strike HQ Tips on how to build and maintain an Active Alliance
Now that we understand more about the importance of having an active alliance and believe me that is not an exhaustive list at all, we are going to explore ways to help you not only build but maintain an active Alliance. It is not uncommon for Alliances to go through growing pains and during those times it can be frustrating for leadership to know where to go and what to do. We all want alliances that are there to back us and encourage growth and when we are not where we want to be it can bring down how we are feeling about our game very quickly.
Mobile Strike HQ Tip 5: Know when to kick members and when not to kick
When you log in and see multiple members who are not growing and show no signs of activity it can be frustrating. When you have members who are not active daily it means that they are not contributing towards the alliance and that other members are going to question the activity level of the alliance. Especially when it is multiple people. However, an alliance that is lacking in people and power is not normally attractive to new players. There are two ways you can go about addressing this issue.
- You can kick members who show a complete lack of growth. To do this you will want to establish standards for what you should see for growth and activity levels. You can do activity checks and kick those who do not respond. Or you can kick players who have shown themselves to be inactive and do not respond when their shield is gone and they are being hit.
- However, if you do not want to deal with the headache of determining when to kick and who to kick you can do the following. Express to your alliance that you are aware that there are currently inactive members and that these individuals will be removed as you need space or if they put the rest of the alliance at risk (for example getting zeroed during SvS). Demote these members to R1 and let them know they are the first to go and your expectations for them to be promoted above R1.
If you do come to the point that you need to kick inactive members be sure when you do so you also send them a message stating that while you kicked them due to inactivity that if they return to the game are willing to commit to being an active member you would welcome them back with open arms.
Mobile Strike HQ Tip 4: Communication is Key
We all know that part of being an active member of an alliance in Mobile Strike is more than just logging in daily. We have Alliance Events, Rallies to fill, members to reinforce, chat that needs to happen, loyalty we need to earn for shields that need be replaced, Control Points that need to be won. There is an abundance of activities that we can engage in when we are part of an Alliance in Mobile Strike and our Alliances need us to be a part of that. This is where the communication component comes in.
If you have an event coming up make sure that players know when the majority of players will be on rallying so they do not log in and wonder why no one is playing the event. This is especially true for your newer players who may have never been with your alliance for a kill event or bunker battle or some other event.
Make sure that your team knows if you plan to go for Control point and when so you can be sure you have fillers in that time frame. Also, communicate to your team what you need and what roles they should fulfill. If a player logs in and cannot figure out where they belong or what they should be doing then they will log back out just as fast.
Many alliances use the Line app or Discord and these are great places to be able to communicate this information to players. You can see when players are available and make sure they know when you will be doing something. Alliance Mail is also an option to be able to communicate with your team to let them know what to expect and when.
Mobile Strike HQ Tip 3: Make it fun
It is a game and should be fun after all. There are different ways I have seen Alliances make the game even more fun. It can be as simple as a joking camaraderie that goes on while you are playing together to creating competitions within your alliance for growth or participation where your members can earn prizes, such as a leader gifting something to the winner.
Mobile Strike HQ Tip 2: Do not make it Stressful
Players are not going to want to log in if it is stressful. There are a few things alliances can do that make the game stressful instead of fun and cause players to fall towards the inactive.
- Spend too much time dwelling in the negative. I get it we all need to vent from time to time but spending too much time here will eventually lead to an overall negative attitude in your alliance that makes it difficult to want to log in.
- Be too strict with rules- Yes to some degree rules are needed but too many rules and being too strict about them will chase players off.
- Valuing “money players” over any other player. Every player adds value and each should fulfill their role. Players should not only be valued for the amount of money they spend but for what they bring to the team as a whole. When you make it about money and in turn power than players become stressed over not being “big enough.”
****NOTE: When the game becomes stressful instead of fun players will stop logging in.
Mobile Strike HQ Tip 1: Build Relationships with your members
I have been in many alliances over my gaming career. Each one brought something unique and different to the table. However, it is key to note that the alliances that kept me wanting to log in are the ones in which I had built relationships with various members. As leadership, your job is to foster a sense of community and relationship. You should be checking in on your team and offering them the support they need. So often when a player is not active there is a reason.
Find out the reason. Connect with your people. We talk a lot about alliances that become family because it is true. This type of alliance encourages healthy relationships between members and that keeps people logging in. By making it fun and not stressful, by communicating with your team and not instilling fear in them you are going to build an alliance that wants to log in to spend time with their “family.”
Tell us about you. What keeps you logging in? What things does your Alliance do to keep members active? Let us know in the comments below and then come join the conversation on socials!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Mobile Strike HQ room (please specify Mech, Cyber or both)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here