When it comes to Commander presets it can feel complicated sometimes. Not only do we have presets for our gear but we have presets for our skills and there are different places to access those from. Knowing how to best skill and use your presets is not only going to save you time but ensure that you have the best stats possible. The plan today is to go in-depth on Commander presets so that you have a better understanding of how this aspect of the game works and can set yourself up for success.
When we look at our Commander Presets essentially we have two presets that we are really going to focus in on:
- Gear Preset
- Skills Presets
The positive thing about how Skills presets are set up is that you can essentially set up a couple of skills presets and equip them across a couple of sets of gear without having to do each one individually. However, you do have the option to do each one individually if you want to customize even further. Before we dive in too deeply, let’s explore the basics.
The Basics of Commander and Skill Presets
Let’s start at the beginning. Let’s take a peek at our Commander, note that for all three Commanders the presets will work the same but need set up individually.
Here we see Commander One wearing some lovely skittle colored training gear. From the Commander Profile, we can see an option to go to our presets we can also see the list of our presets across the top of the page. Let’s cover the buttons on this page and what they do before we move on.
- Commander Preset Bar- The Preset bar is to the right of your screen and is a drop-down menu. From here you will be able to see your numbered Commander Presets and the name if you have taken the time to label them.
- Gear Slots- You can change your gear from this screen as well, however, it is important to note that anything you do from this page is not permanent and when you equip a new preset it will be erased.
- Edit Preset button- This button can be found at the bottom of your drop-down menu for Commander Presets and is used to take you where you are able to edit your presets. We will discuss this more later.
- Commander Boosts- This button will take you so you can see the Boosts you are getting from your Commander. This page tends to be confusing to players and it is better to check your boosts from your profile.
- Skills button- This button will allow you to skill your Novice Skills and Steadfast Skills. Remember that any skills done here will disappear when you equip a new preset. This is not the place to permanently change your skills with that gear.
- Change Commander Button- This button simply takes you to your Commander Quarters where you are able to switch to a different Commander or in the case of Commander One switch the appearance of your base Commander.
Next up we are going to cover the page that the Preset button will take you to, your Commander Presets.
The Number of Presets you have available to you is based on your VIP and you can see them all from here. Let’s talk about what each of the buttons or slots you see on this page will do.
- Title Bar- The title bar allows you to name your preset. While this is not something you have to do if you like it to be pretty and labeled more power to you and this allows you to do that. Which will also make finding the preset easier from your Commander Profile
- Equipment Slots- This is where you can set up the Gear you want in that preset. If you later want to change that preset to update it to newer gear you are able to do so one at a time or by wiping the preset. Which we will discuss soon.
- Skills Button- This button will take you to your Commander Skills. We will talk more in-depth about this later.
- Reset Button- This button will Reset your whole preset. This means it will be wiped clean! Only push this button if you really want to reset everything!
- Set Details- If you have Set Gear in your Preset the Set Details button will be green and by clicking on it you will be able to see the set details.
- Equip Button- You are also able to equip presets from this page by clicking on your Equip button.
Let’s go back to that Skills button on your Commander Presets page. When you click the skills button it will take you to this page:
You are able to Skill your preset from this page. However, you will notice some extra buttons here as well and we are going to take you on a rundown of everything here before we go deeper into skill presets.
- Preset Selection Bar- Across the top of the page you will see a bar labeling the Preset Selection you have chosen with the words Currently Equipped. If you have not used a Skill Preset it will say Empty.
- Skill Preset Button- This will give you a drop-down of your Skills Presets and you are able to select your Preset from here.
- Edit Presets- At the bottom of your Drop-down list you will see an Edit Presets button which will take you to the page you can edit your Skills Presets from.
- Below this, you can see where you are going to do your skills. This page should be familiar so we are not going to go into depth here. We will talk more about skilling in a different article.
Commander Skill Preset
The final page we will cover for Commander Presets is the Commander Skills Preset. This is where you can set up different presets and later equip those to your Gear Presets. This simplifies skills in that you do not have to do Commander Skills with every new Gear Preset and can just equip your favorite Skill Preset.
Here you can see the page with your Skill Presets. Each of these can be set up as you desire. Let’s cover the different buttons and what they do.
- Skills Label- Once again you can label your Skill Presets and name them to help you remember what they are.
- Orange Skills Button- This button will take you to the Screen to skill your Commander. This page can be seen below
- Reset will wipe the skills preset. Only push this button if you want the skills preset to disappear completely!
- Equip- This is a very important button you must remember to equip your skills preset! If you do not equip it then it will be of no use to you.
Using Skills Presets
Now that we have talked about the basics of these presets let’s talk about actually utilizing them. Players have run into some issues with these and so we want to be sure to cover this. While you may hit equip if you later “update” the preset you may run into issues and there are other factors that need to be considered.
- When equipping a Skills preset to a gear preset that is currently equipped after equipping the skills preset you must equip the gear preset again.
- If you update the skills preset you must equip it again. If the new preset will not equip then equip another preset and then equip the new preset again.
- If you are having difficulty resetting skills within your preset, hit reset again, go in the skills tree, and then back out again and you will see that it did reset.
A Word of Caution: With Steadfast skills, it is important to make sure that your Skills Presets are in fact equipping correctly. You will miss out on a lot of stats if you switch Commanders with the wrong skills preset.
Looking for more great content to read? We have 100s of helpful guides to help you on your way as you build up and prepare to engage in War. Now that you have had the opportunity to read up on your presets check out more information about our Mech DImension Commanders.
A Commander Guide for the Mech Dimension
This article covers the three Commanders in the Mech Dimension at lower levels including costs, skills, and more!
Beyond 100 Mech Dimension Commanders
This Guide covers your Mech Dimension costs, skills, and more at higher levels. In addition, we talk about Steadfast Commander information here!
Beyond 200 Mech Dimension Commander Guide
With Mech Dimension Commanders now going to level 250, we have updated the information you need to know!
Stay Tuned for more great information from our MSHQ Team as the Mech Dimension continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
In addition, be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Mobile Strike HQ room (please specify Mech, Cyber or both)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here