There is a multitude of trees we are able to skill in the Mech Dimension and we have talked some about the strategy behind this in previous articles. However, we want to take the opportunity to really go in-depth on different skills trees and the strategy behind skilling and why we skill that way.
Skills Trees in the Mech Dimension
When we look at skills trees in the Mech Dimension we have multiple trees that are going to need skilling and each will have a different impact. The features you will look at with skill trees that can be changed up are as follows:
While our Steadfast Skills are attached to our Commander we want to look at this separately because the strategy of how you are going to skill is going to look vastly different between your Commander Novice Tree and your Commander Steadfast Tree. We will look at all of our Mechs together except we will take the time to separate our Reborn from our Inferno, Hydro, and Terra because of their differences. Just like with the presets video you will be able to find the information you need in this article, however, for those of you who are more visual learners we will have video too.
Set Your Commander Skills up for Success
Commander Skills have continued getting higher and higher and that will change how we are skilling our commanders. While today we will talk in general the skilling strategy we will discuss will be applicable to each of your Commanders. When you look at your skill trees and the function you are skilling it for you want to be sure to skill it appropriately for the different uses. We will discuss combat first and then Economy. However, we will not dive into strategies for different types of players as we have been able to talk about what stats to prioritize for play type in different articles.
Setting your Commander Skills up for Combat
When you look at your Commander Skill Tree it is going to be important to note what level you are at, this will determine where you start skilling. When we skill we want to start on the lowest part of the tree possible, this will give the higher stats. Here is our recommendations on how to skill.
- Determine what the lowest part of the tree is unlocked for you, start skilling here.
- Fill in just enough points to move to the bottom of that section and then fill the boxes in based on your priorities for the style of player you are.
- Once the lowest section of the Commander Skill tree is filled in with the stats you need to move on to the higher portions of the tree and repeat this process until you run out of points.
Setting up your Commander Skills for Economics
When we look at this we are looking at Commander One. This part may seem simpler but I am going to show you how to set up your commander for Economics as well as having some cushion for other skills (this will be especially helpful for traps that want to trap in Eco gear).
- Skill your Eco skills to max. This is going to involve needing to skill on both sides of the tree. Only put the minimal number of points needed in each box to keep moving.
- Ignore the Exalted Construction and Research Skills these do not work.
- Once all of your Economy skills are done then you can move to Setting your Commander Skills up for combat and follow this process.
Set your Steadfast Skills up for Success
There has been some change to our Steadfast Skills as the stats and amount of points we are able to use have evolved. Currently we can see those changes in Commander one and two, however, three will soon follow. When Steadfast Skills were first released we were able to pick and choose where we wanted to spend our points without following a certain progression. As steadfast has evolved this has changed and it has also changed how we strategize around spending those points.
Setting Steadfast up for Combat
When we look at Combat again the skills lower in the tree are going to provide more benefit. However, to open these and move through them we must max nodes. If you have a ton of points you may be able to skill things in the higher parts of the tree but other players will not be able to do the same. However, because of the amount of stats available in the lower part of the tree they easily outweigh the older stats.
- Go to the last skill on the previous tree, this is Accuracy on all three trees. Max this node.
- You can then move into the newer skills, however, you must go in order and max each node before you can move on to the next one.
- If you are able to complete the bottom of the tree and still have points left then you can take those extra points and pick and choose where you would like to spend them at the top of the steadfast tree based on your playstyle.
Setting Steadfast up for Rebel Target Hunting
Next up we are going to talk about how to set your steadfast up for Rebel Target Hunting. This is going to look slightly different.
- Max the Accuracy node to move into the bottom part of the steadfast skills
- Skill the bottom part of the tree until you are able to max both Commander Attack and Commander Energy Increase
- Move to the top of the tree and max Commander Attack and Commander Energy Increase.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for Skilling Steadfast for Combat to give yourself some extra security if you decide to trap in Rebel Target Gear.
Set up your Mech Skills for Success
When we look at your Mechs we are going to look at them in two different categories. We will look at your Reborn Mech and then we will group the Inferno, Hydro, and Terra together and look at them. The Inferno, Hydro, and Terra are going to have the same strategy when it comes to skilling.
Set up your Reborn Mech for Success
When it comes to your Reborn Mech we have the benefit of an Unlock to Here button. However, this button is going to max all of your skills above where you push it. So it is better to do the skilling by hand.
- Go to the lowest point of where you are able to start skilling. I can start skilling about half-way down the first portion of the tree.
- Put one point in every box starting here until you get to the Reborn skill. Fill the Reborn Skill in as far as it can be skilled.
- Skill the boxes below Reborn that apply to your playstyle as far as possible. At this point you should be able to max these nodes as long as your Reborn is leveled all the way.
- Extra points can go in other boxes below Reborn if you fill (Remember that how you skill your Mech when filling or reining matters). However, at this point, no one is really using the reborn in combat so defense is the most important way to skill this Mech and then you can fill in the Economy skills above or HP or healing.
Set up your Inferno, Hydro, and Terra Mech for Success
When it comes to our newest Mechs the strategy behind skilling is going to be very similar to what we have seen in our strategy for other skill trees. We are going to prioritize the stats that are lower on the tree over the older stats.
- Go to the lowest point on the tree you can start skilling at. Put one point in each box until you cannot go any further.
- Work your way up the tree skilling based on your priorities for your playstyle.
- Once you max or get “stuck” on certain nodes spend points in other places that will benefit you as a player.
- Extra points can go in HP, Healing, or Speed however, this is not necessary. Another possibility is to spend your extra points in nodes for other types of combat. This is especially helpful if you do not want to continually be reskilling. If you choose to do this fill in the lower nodes first.
Looking for more great content to read? We have 100s of helpful guides to help you on your way as you build up and prepare to engage in War. Now that you have had the opportunity to read up on your presets check out more information about our Mech DImension Commanders.
Let’s Talk Commander Presets
This article covers your Commander and Skill Presets in the Mech Dimension. As well as providing video to help you be able to really grasp how these presets work.
A Commander Guide for the Mech Dimension
This article covers the three Commanders in the Mech Dimension at lower levels including costs, skills, and more!
Beyond 100 Mech Dimension Commanders
This Guide covers your Mech Dimension costs, skills, and more at higher levels. In addition, we talk about Steadfast Commander information here!
Beyond 200 Mech Dimension Commander Guide
With Mech Dimension Commanders now going to level 250, we have updated the information you need to know!
Stay Tuned for more great information from our MSHQ Team as the Mech Dimension continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
In addition, be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Mobile Strike HQ room (please specify Mech, Cyber or both)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here